TCS AH provides access to software dealing with specified scientific problems, designed in the area of anthropogenic hazards. All of these services consist of software packages and visualization services, both applied to selected data subsets that a user has pre-defined and uploaded to the personal workspace. The users have therefore the possibility to proceed to either episode-oriented research (application of various methodologies focusing on a particular episode), or method-oriented research (perform a certain methodology at several datasets in order to compare results with each other and test the efficiency of selected approaches).
Services to be implemented are grouped within six blocks:
- Basic services for data integration and handling;
- Services for physical models of stress/strain changes over time and space as driven by geo-resource production;
- Services for analysing geophysical signals;
- Services to extract the relation between technological operations and observed induced seismic/deformation;
- Services to quantitative probabilistic assessments of anthropogenic seismic hazard - statistical properties of anthropogenic seismic series and their dependence on time-varying anthropogenesis; ground motion prediction equations; stationary and time-dependent probabilistic seismic hazard estimates, related to time-changeable technological factors inducing the seismic process;
- Simulator for Multi-hazard/multi-risk assessment in ExploRation/exploitation of GEoResources (MERGER) - numerical estimate of the occurrence probability of chains of events or processes impacting the environment.
TCS AH will also serve the public sector expert knowledge and background information. In order to fulfill this aim the services for outreach, dissemination & communication will be implemented.
Episodes are enriched by dedicated applications, uniquely designed for the analysis of correlations between technology, geophysical response and resulting hazard. The quality of software services is confirmed and referenced in research literature. Bind together episodes and bespoke services within an IT environment enable for easy access to the episodes’ data, analysis via integrated software and advanced visualization of data and their products.
Within EPOS IP project TCS AH aims to integrate at least 20 AH episodes, connected with conventional and unconventional hydrocarbon extraction, reservoir treatment, underground mining and geothermal energy production, which are provided by following services:
- e-Node of EOST in France and
- e-Node of IGF PAS in Poland.
List of AH Episodes available on the IS EPOS Platform
Problem-oriented, bespoke applications are uniquely designed for the discrimination and analysis of correlations between technology, geophysical response and resulting hazard.
They comprise blocks of apps dedicated to episodes analyses such as Multi-hazard Simulator for Multi-hazard/Multi-risk Assessment in exploration and exploitation of geo-resources, apps to rate interaction between technology operations and seismic deformations, apps for geophysical data analyses, apps for quantitative probabilistic assessments of anthropogenic seismic hazards and apps for outreach, dissemination and communication. All applications are integrated with IS-EPOS computational platform.
Computational platform with user workspace and dedicated collaborative functionalities - IS-EPOS platform service provides computational resources allowing:
- AH user's’ designed problem tailored processing based on implemented specialized software library and own software as well own IT resources,
- computationally demanding AH analysis by access to High Performance Computing Resources,
- AH users’ data, data products and results of analysis handling and storage in the AH user's’ workspace area,
and visualisation of all types of AH data, data products and results of analysis.
Examples of applications:
Visualizations - Services for basic visualization 1D & 2D (plots, distribution, histograms) for diverse types of data
Time-dependent seismic hazard
Geophysical signal services
MT inversion input
MT inversion output